What We Believe
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Has anyone told you lately that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ANSWER? Without FAITH in Jesus Christ and what He did at the cross, we are sinners on our way to hell. In fact, the only thing that stands between mankind and eternal hell is Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
Jesus Himself said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
There is no way to the Father but through His Son, Jesus Christ. There is no way to Jesus Christ but through what He did at the cross.
At The Refuge, we preach and teach the message of the cross. We lift up Jesus Christ as THE ONLY ANSWER for drug addiction, alcohol addiction, teenage pregnancy, domestic abuse, sexual immorality, homosexuality. In fact, for every single problem that mankind faces, JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY ANSWER.
• The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
(Ps. 119; Mat. 4:4; Lk. 24:27)
• There is one God, eternally coexistent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His Sinless Life, in His Miracles, in His Vicarious and atoning Death, in His Bodily Resurrection, in His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years.
• In the Blessed Hope--the Rapture of the Church at Christ's Coming
• The only means of being cleansed from sin is through Repentance and Faith in the Precious Blood of Christ. (Rom.5:1;Eph.2:8-9,13-18)
• Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation.
• The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (Ex.15:25-26;James 5:14-15;I Pet.2:24)
• The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to Believers who ask for it.
• In the Sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
• In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life and the other to everlasting damnation. (Rev.20:5-6,11-15)